ECO-innovators wanted! The third edition of the nationwide competition for students is about to start
The competition idea is to promote students' achievements; they represent universities on the national forum. By creating opportunities for the exchange of experiences and information between representatives of various academic centres, as well as supporting students in further scientific, technical and organisational activities the event fosters further advancement.
Participation in the EKOinnowator 2021 competition is open to both teams (research clubs and student projects), as well as individual students who are in first or second cycle studies at any university in Poland. Applications come in three main categories:
- ECO-innovative Scientific Club,
- ECO-innovative Students Project,
- EKOinnowator student.
Additionally, this year's competition edition provides for seven special categories, which will be determined by the Competition Jury on the basis of the applications submitted for the event.
The competition stages
The Eco-innovators 2021 competition consists of several parts;
- the first step is to submit competition applications (the application form is open until 15 November 2021).
- In the second competition stage, students will take part in training courses, incl. intellectual property protection, commercialisation of project results and their presentation through scientific and popular science publications, as well as in training on waste management and its impact on the natural environment.
- The third (main) stage of the competition is the Final Gala, which will take place on 10 December 2021. No more than 15 student projects, 15 research clubs and 15 students will be qualified to participate in the Final Gala. Each of the finalists will have the opportunity to speak for a few minutes, subject to the Jury Panel apprisal. On the basis of the grades, the winners will be selected in each of the main and special categories.
The winners of the EKOinnowatorów 2021 competition will receive prizes - gift vouchers and commemorative statuettes; the prizes will be awarded in each of the three competition categories, as well as in special categories. Moreover, all participants will receive certificates that confirm their participation in the competition. As an additional prize, the Organiser offer the competition winners the opportunity to participate in the international scientific conference International Conference on the Clean Environment and Energy Research, held in 2022.
Detailed information on the competition is available on the website: www.ekoinnowatorów.pl, as well as on the Organiser's website - Institute of Sustainable Energy. The competition is co-financed by the Ministry of Education and Science and is held under the honorary patronage of the Minister of Education and Science.