Guidelines for events’ organizers (trade fairs, conferences, meetings) for the COVID-19 epidemic period in Poland, mandatory application at Targi Kielce SA
The Targi Kielce Congress Centre has been awarded the "Safe MICE Facility" certificate issued by the Polish Tourist Organisation.
The document confirms that the by the facility has implemented the procedures in line with the guidelines for business meetings, trainings, conferences and congresses organisers and strictly observes the COVID-19 epidemic-related rules and regulations developed by the Ministry of Development and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
The Epidemiological Survey is to be completed by each Participant of the events organised at Targi Kielce. Failure to fill out and submit the survey at Targi Kielce results in the refusal to admit the participant. Visitors who register on-line are requested to submit their on-line declaration while registering on the website.
epidemiological-survey-template.pdffile size: 645.26 KB
I. Ensuring safety and security of the expo centre employees / contractors who render services on the Targi Kielce S.A premises
- An employee who has had close contact with a person infected with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (the infected person has been SARS-CoV-2 PCR tested positive and thus coronavirus infection confirmed) should immediately report this fact to the employer by phone and also notify the Sanepid sanitary-epidemiological station, or use from the online form: "Application for quarantine or isolation" filed for Sanepid. Before obtaining the test results and the competent bodies' decision, the employee is obliged to refrain from performing their professional duties rendered in the company as well as participation in events organised by the company.
- The data collection and reporting procedure based on epidemiological data collection in a direct interview has been introduced; this in particular relates to the fact that the person is not on quarantine or isolated, has no disease symptoms and has not had a contact with a person who had visible disease symptoms or was exposed to contact with an infected person. The data collection procedure is registered each time. Targi Kielce is responsible for collecting epidemiological data in direct interviews with all its employees and subcontractors employed by the company.
- Internal meetings and deliberations, whenever necessary, are held in rooms whose windows or/and doors remain open or in premises equipped with a mechanical ventilation system providing 100% air exchange. A distance of at least 1.5 meters between people should be observed. All participants are obliged to wear masks.
- Personal protection equipment for employees and the personnel contracted by the company and the company's service providers: i.e. face masks, and hand disinfectants and hand washing and disinfection instructions, have been duly provided.
II. Events preparation and organisation - IN THE FOLLOWING ZONES-Specific SAFETY AND SECURITY MEASURES
- The applicable laws and bylaws regarding the number of participants, i.e. one person per 10 m2 (people who have been fully vaccinated are not counted towards the admission quota) are duly observed. (3,840 people may be present at the same time in Targi Kielce's indoor facilities).
- Event participants may voluntarily disclose the information regarding their vaccination status. A person who refuses to provide information about their vaccination status is, by default, counted as unvaccinated and therefore is counted towards the 1 person per 10 m2
- The exhibition spaces arrangement (inside the expo halls, in the Congress Centre, at the outdoor exhibition grounds) has been altered, i.e. traffic routes are extended - the width of aisles between expo stands is at least 3 metres.
- Every person, whenever at the expo grounds is required to cover their mouths and nose with a mask. The obligation to wear masks applies to indoor facilities as well as outdoor spaces, wherever it is impossible to maintain a safe social distance, i.e. 1.5 m distance between people (people in the indicated places who do not have their mouth and nose protected with a mask, are asked to cover the face and mouth immediately. In the event of refusal, such persons are requested to leave the facility without delay). Disposable gloves are also recommended.
- Face masks may be bought at the expo grounds.
- The appropriate number of containers with disinfectants have been installed at the company's premises, in all publicly available spaces, i.e. at all entrances, toilets spaces and similar; hand disinfection instructions are also provided.
- Continuous/permanent access to the disinfecting agents provided.
- In order to limit the number of people waiting for entry, online tickets are the preferred ticket-sale option.
- Leaflets distribution and all other activities which may result in people clusters formation is not allowed at the expo grounds during events organised herein (i.e. during expos, conferences, etc.). Event participants (exhibitors, conference organisers and participants, etc.) are advised to use stands and displays for advertising materials, newspapers, etc. distribution.
PEOPLE AND CAR ENTRY ZONES
- Mandatory registration for participants of all events held at the Targi Expo premises has been introduced in order to acquire the data of persons participating in the events organised herein. The information collected includes information regarding the vaccination status of the participants – Covid-19 vaccination confirmation is annexed as Attachment No.3 to the resolution. The registration form contains an epidemiological survey, which includes the declaration regarding the lack of obligation to quarantine or isolate.
- The mandatory reporting procedure based on epidemiological data collection in a direct interview has been introduced; the procedure applies to all events participants.
The data collection in particular focuses on the declaration regarding the lack of obligation to quarantine or isolate. Exhibitors, events' organisers and Employers of companies which provide services for the Expo Centre as well as for Exhibitors are responsible for collecting epidemiological data in direct interviews. Interviews are carried out in accordance with the Epidemiological Survey prepared by Targi Kielce. The Epidemiological Surveys collection applies to all employees. Once the data is collected, the Epidemiological Surveys ought to be submitted at the Targi Kielce registered seat before the event commences. Targi Kielce is responsible for collecting epidemiological data in direct interviews with visitors.
- Only authorised persons may enter the Targi Kielce premises in order to participate in events organised herein, on condition that they present appropriate admission documents, i.e. they have registered as exhibitors, conferences and other meetings participants, visitors, service providers and media representatives.
- The ICT system which manages the expo grounds entry and exits points has been programmed to hold the count of the number of unvaccinated participants attending a particular event. Whenever a pre-defined number of attendees is reached, the system will by default block the entry possibility for other unvaccinated people until the number of unvaccinated attendees is below the threshold.
- There are separate and delineated traffic routes and passageways for events participants, held on Targi Kielce premises. There are separate ones for guests entering the Targi Kielce premises and separate for those leaving the premises. This has been designed to minimise direct contact between these groups of people.
- Guests awaiting entry in order to participate in events held in Targi Kielce premises are obliged to use safe queue areas - the entry zone is marked with lines and stickers with traffic directions. Thus the distance between people of 1,5 metres minimum is maintained.
- A con-tactless form of admission documents verification is used in the people and car entry areas.
- The people counting system is in use on the premises. The system has been introduced in order to make is possible to verify the actual number of people who are at the facility at the same time.
- In all indoor facilities and outdoor places where it is impossible to maintain a safe social distance of 5 m distance between people, participants are the subject of on-going verification whether they wear a protective face mask; the verification is carried out by the expo grounds security.
- Contactless body temperature measurement is carried out in the entry zone.
- Closed, isolated and properly disinfected rooms have been prepared - these rooms (isolation rooms) are to be used by people who demonstrate infection symptoms.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POINTS (reception desks, expo centre’s offices, information desks, etc.)
- The number of service points has been limited to the required minimum, thus full-scope online services are available.
- The service points are equipped with plexiglass dividers.
- Only employees who have undergone body temperature screening (with their informed consent) and have been equipped with face masks and gloves are allowed to work as required by applicable laws and bylaws or the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate recommendations.
- At the service points, the safe queue areas are arranged. People waiting in line keep the distance of at least 1.5 metres from one another. While waiting, people use designated places (marked with tapes, posts or stickers on the floor) in order to maintain the 1.5 meters social distance from the service point staff.
- The maximum number of people allowed to enter an elevator at the same time has been reduced (maximum number of people permitted divided by 3, families excluded). In addition, it is recommended that only families with small children, people
with disabilities, the elderly and pregnant women use elevators only.
- The reception table-tops and service points counter-top surfaces are disinfected at least once every hour.
- Cashless settlements are the preferred form of payment. Pay terminals are equipped with a protective plastic films and disinfected at least once every hour.
EXHIBITION STANDS AND GUESTS ZONES
- Exhibitors are recommended to design more open/spacious expo stands construction, i.e. small and compact rooms should be eliminated if possible.
- A minimum safety distance of 1.5 m between persons must be maintained. Whenever an expo stand surface makes it impossible to maintain a safe, minimum 1.5 metre distance between individuals, Exhibitors are recommended to design and install special dividers to secure meeting space as well as to use protective, face and nose covering masks.
- A wide staircase or one-way staircases are recommended if an expo stand is a multi-story structure. Additionally, disinfection dispensers should mounted at each storey entrance and/or exit - applicable for multi-storey expo stands.
- Exhibitors are recommended to use stand, smooth surfaces construction elements which are easy to clean and disinfect (e.g. information counter tops, table tops) Swinging door systems are recommended for meeting rooms.
- Exhibitors are required to provide appropriate personal protection equipment and disinfectants for their staff. Disinfectant liquids dispensers for guests visiting the expo stand are also recommended.
- When an expo stand includes a catering space, a safe distance between the table tops is to be maintained (the distance calculated from the table-top edges). This required distance - minimum 1,5 metres. If tables are separated by partitions of minimum
1 metre height (reaching above the table top) the safe distance is 1 metre.
- It is recommended to maintain an appropriate distance from people entering the expo stand area. Avoid handshakes.
- Whenever on the Targi Kielce premises, exhibitors as well as all events organisers and participants are advised to provide, wherever possible materials for expo visitors in an online, digital version only.
- Expo stand developers and construction companies, as well as suppliers are obliged to comply with safety rules and regulations developed in accordance with the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate's recommendations and applicable legal provisions. Mandatory for all expo stands assembly and disassembly times.
- The number of available seats at the Targi Kielce exhibition and congress centre have been limited and in all premises where events are held. This solutions makes it possible to keep the minimum 1.5 meters distance between seats in accordance with applicable safety regulations.
- Exhibitors are recommended to adjust the number of available seats at the expo stand to make it possible to keep the minimum 1.5 meters distance between seats in accordance with applicable safety regulations. Whenever it is not possible to keep a safe distance between people, protective masks must be worn.
- The rules and regulations regarding exhibition stand preparation and operation apply inside the expo halls, outdoor exhibition grounds in the Congress Centre.
CATERING AREAS AND FACILITIES
- Gastronomic spaces arrangement (including restaurants, fast-food facilities, gastronomic areas at expo stands, refreshment distribution areas etc.) - subject to the applicable safety rules and regulations for this type of facilities.
- A safe waiting zone for guests awaiting entry to catering facilities (restaurants, bars, fast-food facilities, catering facilities at expo stands, refreshment areas and similar) should be organised so that safe distances of 1.5 meters minimum are available.
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- The cleaning services operate in accordance with the hygiene plan.
- Ample of hand-hand hygiene and alcohol-based (at least 60%) products are provided in the places frequented by expo guests, e.g. at reception desks, in front of catering spaces, etc. hand disinfection instructions are also provided.
- The staff handling the events held and organised at the Targi Kielce exhibition and congress centre premises have received a proper training on the sanitary regime rules and regulations, safety and security principles for participants of events held on the TK premises.
- Exhibitors, service companies and contractors as well as organisers of all events held at the Targi Kielce exhibition and congress centre premises are obliged to provide a proper training on the sanitary regime rules and regulations, safety and security principles for those entering the TK premises.
- Cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched infrastructure elements is carried out at regular basis, at least every hour. Door handles, handrails, balustrades, tops using are cleaned with disinfectants.
- Exhibitors and event organisers are advised to clean frequently touched infrastructure elements, e.g. reception desks, door handles, handrails, balustrades, tops on on going basis, at least every hour. Disinfectants should be used for this purpose.
- Exhibitors and event organisers are advised to keep and impurities
in closed containers which are regularly emptied, cleaned and disinfected.
- Regular ventilation of rooms and spaces for participants is carried out on ongoing basis.
- All toilets are equipped with liquid soap and hand disinfectants as well as disposable paper towels, as well as hands washing and disinfection instructions. Regular checks of cleaning and disinfecting products in toilets and the toilets are carried out on a regular basis. Checks against a checklist, once every hour.
- A medical unit is available on the Targi Kielce premises for the whole duration of each event is ensured whenever the number of participants exceeds 50 people.
COMMUNICATION WITH GUESTS
- Intense information campaigns about the safety and security rules applicable at the events and targeted at the events participants are conducted on ongoing basis.
- There is ongoing communication (with the use of the public announcement system and audio-visual systems) regarding the restrictions on the number of people who can convene at the same time for the events organised at the Targi Kielce’s premises, safe distances between people, obligations to avoid crowds and clusters of people and hygiene rules observance.
- Educational materials (posters, presentations and filmed instructions displayed on TV screens) regarding hands hygiene, the rules of conduct when sneezing or coughing, maintaining a safe and proper distance from other people, avoiding handshakes, etc. are available throughout the expo grounds (the toilets, customer service points, entrance areas)
- An emergency telephone number is in operations, available for the whole duration of events organised on the Targi Kielce premises. The service is operated by the Security Team employees at +48/504842390. Information about the emergency number is displayed in numerous and easily accessible places on the Targi Kielce premises as well as at
and the company’s websites.
The Opening Ceremony, the Awarding Ceremony etc .: (the opening ceremony is to be held in the Omega and the Alpha Congress Halls)
- The seats designed to be used by the guests attending the functions in the OMEGA Congress Hall will be clearly marked. The safe distances will be observed.
- In the case more people wish to participate in the opening ceremony, additional room will be made available, the event will be transmitted live in other facilities.
- The rooms equipped with chairs / mobile seats make it possible to introduce seating arrangement so that safety distances are observed.
- People who use the stage during the ceremony are required to maintain safe distances.
- People on stage can take off the face and nose masks or other face & nose-covering cloth/ material when they delivering a speech on stage.
III. Preventive procedures: employees / service providers suspected with coronavirus infection
- Employees/services providers have been instructed that they should not come to their workplace and stay at home if alarming symptoms occur. They are obliged to adhere to this rule. In the event of symptoms, they ought to contact their employer, the sanitary-epidemiological station, infectious diseases department by phone. In case of health condition deterioration, they should call 999 or 112 and inform about possible coronavirus infection.
- It is recommended follow and become familiar with the latest Chief Sanitary Inspector's and the Minister of Health's information as well as applicable laws and regulations, available on the gov.pl or www.gov.pl/web/koronawirus/ website.
- In the event an employee who performs their professional tasks in the workplace demonstrates worrying symptoms which may suggest coronavirus infection, the employee is immediately removed from their work place and sent back home. Only such employees' personal car can be used. The local Poviat sanitary and epidemiological station will be duly notified. The station's recommendations and instructions should be strictly followed.
- The employee will await transport in a designated room; the room makes
temporarily isolation of such employee from other people.
- The expo centre staff makes the attempt to determine the area in which the employee has moved and stayed. Routine cleaning and disinfection procedure of frequently touched surfaces (door handles, handrails, handles, etc.) is carried out immediately.
- Targi Kielce SA will contact the State Poviat Sanitary Inspector who exercises epidemiological supervision in the area where the given project is held to make an informed decision regarding detailed solutions and substantial doubts regarding the organisation of the event.
IV. Procedures in the event a person / a client is suspected to have a coronavirus infection
- All possible attempts should be made in order to compile a list of employees and clients who have been present in a given facility or at the expo stand at the same time (the list is compiled in conjunction and in cooperation with the Exhibitor, conference or any other event organiser). Then the Chief Sanitary Inspector’s recommendation and guidelines available on the gov.pl/web/koronawirus/ and gis.gov.pl website and related to persons who have had contact with an infected person should be implemented and duly followed.
- Thorough disinfection of the space where the potentially infected client might have stayed (please notice - there is no certainty whether the person was already infected when the service was being provided) and disinfection of tools used during services provision.
- On the part of Targi Kielce SA, a person who has symptoms which may indicate the infection is taken care of by those in the nearest vicinity to the person who has symptoms and may be thus in need of medical assistance. The person is obliged to follow the instructions presented herein:
When you reach the person who exhibits symptoms and needs medical assistance, you must:
- fetch this person to a designated Medical Unit at the expo grounds,
- an MD on duty examines the person and decides whether or not it is necessary to transport this person to the Infectious Diseases Ward of the Regional Polyclinical Hospital in Kielce. The MD is in continuous contact with the aforementioned Ward in order to know the medical tests results regarding possible coronavirus 2019-nCoV infection,
- if the MD resolves that the person should be transported to the Infectious Diseases Ward of the Regional Polyclinical Hospital in Kielce, please call the emergency number - 112 in order to request ambulance transport for the person who exhibits symptoms. The Infectious Diseases Ward at the Regional Polyclinical Hospital in Kielce should also be notified (address: 7 Radiowa Street, 25-317 Kielce, phone: 41 36 37 133; 41 36 37 131; 41 36 37 132; 41 3637139; 41 36 37 146),
- then the Targi Kielce President of the Management Board (telephone 607181762) and Albert Szczepanek (telephone 606 418 153) should be immediately informed that there has been a person attending the expo who exhibits alarming symptoms, which may indicate the infection
- instruct the Security Team Manager to make attempts to obtain information about the places the person who has exhibited symptoms indicating a possible coronavirus infection has been to while at the expo grounds- notify the Poviat Division of the State Sanitary Inspectorate about the discovery of a person who has exhibited symptoms indicating a possible 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection. The Poviat Division of the State Sanitary Inspectorate address: 4 Skibińskiego Street, 25-819 Kielce, contact phone number of the Epidemiological Supervision Section - 41 3452279, main telephone number 41 3454622).
The European Union citizens are advised to have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Non-European Union citizens are advised to have additional insurance policy which covers medical treatment.
The rules and regulations based on:
- the Council of Ministers’ Regulations
- GIS Chief Sanitary Inspector and WHO guidelines
- EEIA (European Exhibition Industry Alliance) guidelines
- UFI (Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) guidelines
- PIPT (Polish Chamber of Exhibition Industry)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The "Frequently asked questions" tab has been launched on the Targi Kielce website. We encourage you to send questions - inquiries and answers will be placed here.