Safety rules and regulations during COVID-19 pandemic period
Guidelines for events’ organizers (trade fairs, conferences, meetings) for the COVID-19 epidemic period in Poland, mandatory application at Targi Kielce SA
I. Ensuring safety and security of the expo centre employees / contractors who render services on the Targi Kielce S.A premises
The reporting procedure based on epidemiological data collection in a direct interview has been introduced; this in particular focuses on the absence of disease symptoms displayed by an employee / a service provider and the lack of contact with a person who had visible disease symptoms or was exposed to contact with an infected person. The data collection procedure is registered each time.
Personal protection equipment for employees and the personnel contracted by the company: i.e. face masks, disposable gloves and hand disinfectants are provided.
Meetings and internal working sessions are held in a room where windows or doors are open. The obligatory distance of at least 2 meters between people is maintained.
An employee who may have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 infection outside the place they render their services is obliged, without any delay to notify the employer as well as to notify the sanitary-epidemiological station. Both should be contacted by phone. This person is obliged to refrain from rendering their services until the examination informed decisions are made.
II. Ensuring safety and security at the trade fairs
The exhibition spaces arrangement (inside the expo halls, in the Congress Centre, at the outdoor exhibition grounds) has been altered, i.e. traffic routes are extended - the width of aisles between expo stands is at least 3 metres.
Every person, whenever at the company's premises and for the whole duration of the events organized herein is obliged to cover their mouths and nose (with a face mask, a shield or any other material), if required by applicable laws and regulations. Wearing disposable gloves recommended.
Face masks may be bought at the expo grounds.
The appropriate number of containers with disinfectants have been installed at the company’s premises, i.e. all entrances, toilets and other publicly accessible spaces.
The registration participants system for all event is in operations: exhibitors, conference participants, media, visitors, and persons who provide services are registered.
In order to limit the number of people waiting for entry, online tickets are the preferred option.
Leaflets distribution and all other activities which may result in people clusters formation is not allowed at the company’s facilities during events organised herein (i.e. expos, conferences, etc.). Event participants (exhibitors, conference organisers and participants, etc.) are advised to use stands and displays for advertising materials, newspapers, etc. distribution.
PEOPLE AND CAR ENTRY ZONES
Every person attending the events organised on the company's premises is registered in order to obtain the data of persons participating in events on the company's premises. Every participant of events (exhibitors, conference and other meetings participants, visitors, media, people who provide services, etc.) submits a mandatory epidemiological statement.
Only authorised persons may enter the company’s premises in order to participate in events organised herein, on condition that
they present appropriate admission documents, i.e. they have registered as exhibitors, conferences and other meetings participants, visitors, service providers and media representatives.
There are separate and delineated traffic routes and passageways for participants of events held on the company’s premises. There are separate ones for guests entering the company’s premises and separate for those leaving the premises. This has been designed to minimize direct contact between these groups of people.
Guests awaiting the entry in order to participate in events held on the company’s premises are obliged to use safe queue areas - the entry zone is marked with lines and stickers with traffic directions. Thus the distance between people of 2 metres minimum is maintained.
A con-tactless form of admission documents verification is used in the people and car entry areas.
A counting system is used on the premises in order to make is possible to verify the actual number of people who are at the facility at the same time.
In the entry areas people are screened whether they wear a face mask (a shield or other face covering material) if still required by applicable laws and regulations.
The entrance area is the non-contact measurement of body temperature zone, provided that this measure if recommended by the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
Closed, isolated and properly disinfected rooms have been prepared - these rooms (isolation rooms) are to be used by people who demonstrate infection symptoms.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POINTS (reception desks, expo centre’s offices, information desks, etc.)
The number of service points has been limited to the minimum necessary, thus full-scope online services are available.
The service points are equipped with plexiglass dividers.
Only employees who have undergone body temperature screening and have been equipped with face masks / shields are allowed to work, providing these measures are still required by applicable laws and or the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate recommendations.
At the service points the safe queue areas are arranged. People waiting in line keep the distance of at least 2 metres from each other. While waiting, people use designated places (marked with tapes, posts or stickers on the floor) in order to maintain the 2 meters social distance from the service point staff.
The reception and service points counter-top surfaces are frequently disinfected, at least once every hour.
Cashless settlements are the preferred form of payment. Pay terminals are equipped with a protective plastic films and disinfected at least once every hour.
EXHIBITION STANDS AND GUESTS ZONES
- Exhibitors are recommended to design more open / spacious expo stands construction, i.e. if possible small and compact rooms should be eliminated (e.g. rooms used for meetings / talks, social facilities).
- If additional rooms for talks / meetings are included in the expo stand structure, the necessary, safe distance of minimum 2 m should be maintained. Additional dividers for persons sitting opposite each other should also be mounted .
- If an expo stand is a multi-story structure, wide stairs or one-way stairs should be provided. Additionally, disinfection dispensers should mounted at each storey entrance and / or exit.
- Exhibitors are recommended to use stand, smooth surfaces construction elements which are easy to clean and disinfect (e.g. information counter tops, table tops) Swinging door systems are recommended for meeting rooms.
- Exhibitors, whose expo stand do not make it possible to maintain the minimum 2 m distance between people are recommended to design the expo stand so that there is a counter with a special divider, i.e. a special protective screen mounted at the expo stand front in order to make it possible to observe the applicable rules and regulations while holding a conversation.
- Exhibitors are required to provide appropriate personal protection equipment and disinfectants for their staff. Disinfectant liquids dispensers for guests visiting the expo stand are also recommended.
- When an expo stand includes a catering space, a safe distance between the table tops is to be maintained (the distance calculated from the table-top edges). This required distance - minimum 2 metres. If tables are separated by partitions - minimum
1 metre high (reaching above the table top) the safe distance is 1 metre.
- Whenever at the company’s premises, exhibitors as well as all events organisers and participants are advised to provide, wherever possible materials for expo visitors in an online version only.
- Expo stand developers and construction companies, as well as suppliers are obliged to comply with safety rules in accordance with the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate’s applicable regulations and recommendations. Mandatory for all expo stands assembly and disassembly times.
- The number of available seats at the events facilities have been limited - the solutions which make it possible to keep the minimum 2 meters distance in accordance with applicable safety regulations have been introduced.
- The rules and regulations exhibition stands apply inside the expo halls, outdoor exhibition grounds in the Congress Centre.
CATERING AREAS AND FACILITIES
- Gastronomic spaces arrangement (including restaurants, fast-food facilities, gastronomic areas at expo stands, refreshment distribution areas etc. :) - subject to the applicable safety rules and regulations for this type of facilities.
- A safe waiting zone for guests awaiting entry to catering facilities (restaurants, bars, fast-food facilities, catering facilities at expo stands, refreshment areas and similar) should be organised so that safe distances of 2 meters minimum are available.
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- The cleaning services operate in accordance with the hygiene plan.
- Hand hygiene and alcohol-based products are provided in the places frequented by expo guests hand , e.g. reception desks, toilets, in front of catering spaces, etc.
- The staff handling the events held and organised at the company’s premises have received
a proper training on the sanitary regime rules and regulations, safety and security principles for
participants of events held on the company’s premises.
- Cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched infrastructure elements is carried out at regular basis, at least every 2 hours. Door handles, handrails, balustrades, tops using are cleaned with disinfectants.
- Regular ventilation of rooms and spaces for participants is carried out on ongoing basis.
- All toilets are equipped with liquid soap and disposable paper towels, as well as disinfectant liquid dispensers. Regular checks of cleaning and disinfecting products in toilets and the toilets condition are carried out on regular basis. Checks against a check-list, once every hour.
- A medical unit is available at the company’s premises for the whole duration of each event is ensured whenever the number of participants exceeds 50 people.
COMMUNICATION WITH GUESTS
- Intense information campaigns about the safety and security rules applicable at the events and targeted at the events participants are conducted on ongoing basis.
- There is ongoing communication (with the use of the sound system and audiovisual systems) regarding the restrictions on the number of people who can convene at the same time for the events organised at the company premises, safe distances between people, obligations to avoid crowds and clusters of people and hygiene rules observance.
- Educational materials (posters, presentations and filmed instructions displayed on TV screens) regarding hands hygiene, the rules of conduct when sneezing or coughing, maintaining a proper distance from other people, avoiding handshakes, etc. are available throughout the expo grounds (toilets, customer service points, entrance areas)
- An emergency telephone number is in operations, available for the whole duration of events organised on the company's premises. The service is operated by the Security Team employees at +48/504842390. Information about the emergency number is displayed in numerous and easily accessible places on the company's premises as well as at and the company’s websites.
III. Preventive procedures: employees / service providers suspected with coronavirus infection
- Employees / services provides have been instructed that they should not come to their workplace and stay at home if alarming symptoms occur. In the event of symptoms, they ought to contact their employer, the sanitary-epidemiological station, infectious diseases department by phone. In case of health condition deterioration they should call 999 or 112 and inform about possible coronavirus infection.
- It is recommended follow and become familiar with the latest Chief Sanitary Inspector’s and the Minister of Health’s information as well as applicable laws and regulations, available on the gis.gov.pl or www.gov.pl/web/koronawirus/ website.
- In the event an employee who performs their professional tasks in the workplace demonstrates worrying symptoms which may suggest coronavirus infection, the employee is immediately removed from their work place and sent back home. Only such employees’ personal car can be used. The local poviat sanitary and epidemiological station will be duly notified. The station’s recommendations and instructions should be strictly followed.
- The employee will await transport in a designated room; the room makes
temporarily isolation of such employee from other people.
- The company’s staff makes the attempt to determine the area in which the employee has moved and stayed. Routine cleaning and disinfection procedure of frequently touched surfaces (door handles, handrails, handles, etc.) is carried out immediately.
- The Company follows the State Poviat Sanitary Inspector’s recommendations when determining whether additional procedures should be implemented with regards each particular case.
IV. Procedures in the event a person / a client is suspected with coronavirus infection
- Establishment of employees and clients who have been present in a given facility at the same time. Application of the Chief Sanitary Inspector’s recommendation and guidelines available on the pl/web/koronawirus/and gis.gov.pl website related to persons who have had contact with an infected person.
- Thorough disinfection of the space where the infected client might have stayed (please notice - there is no certainty whether the person was already infected when the service was being provided) and disinfection of tools used during services provision.
Zaleca się obywatelom Unii Europejskiej posiadanie aktualnej Europejskiej Karty Ubezpieczenia Zdrowotnego (EKUZ), natomiast obywatelom z poza Unii Europejskiej posiadanie dodatkowego ubezpieczenia na wypadek leczenia.
The European Union citizens are advised to have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Non-European Union citizens are advised to have additional insurance policy which covers medical treatment.
The rules and regulations based on:
- the Council of Ministers’ Regulations
- GIS Chief Sanitary Inspector and WHO guidelines
- EEIA (European Exhibition Industry Alliance) guidelines
- UFI (Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) guidelines
- PIPT (Polish Chamber of Exhibition Industry)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The "Frequently asked questions" tab has been launched on the Targi Kielce website. We encourage you to send questions - inquiries and answers will be placed here.