24th International Fair of Plastics and Rubber Processing PLASTPOL
About the event
PLASTPOL - a recipe for success in business
From 6 to 8 October Targi Kielce offered an abundance of the latest technologies in plastics and rubber processing and converting. One hundred forty-seven companies from 12 countries marked their presence at this year's PLASTPOL.
Although the exhibition was slightly less impressive than those in previous years, the event still fulfilled its essential function. Plastpol proved to be an effective business platform - the exhibitors have confirmed that the project was justified and in great demand: - We are here first and foremost to show that the company is alive in these difficult times and not afraid to exhibit its products. Targi Kielce seems to have done everything to protect us epidemiology-wise the surveys, decontamination gates area available. The expo centre has done everything in its power. We are to showcase here because I think that without face-to-face business meetings, every industry will perish. There is no chance for other sectors to survive without meetings. Experience exchange, opportunities to show new technologies are a must. Not everything can be shown on the Internet - said Sławomir Malenta, Euro SITEX Polska.
Traditionally, the production processes were demonstrated live during the expo, modern processing and converting machines and technological solutions also came in abundance. The companies presented, inter alia:
- a BOY 25E single-component injection moulding machine with the latest Procan ALPHA 4 system with a servo-drive and an integrated robot, built into a safety cage,
- injection unit for the 2nd component BOY 2C XS. The unit connecting via EUROMAP standard interface. You can create a multi-component injection moulding machine from the injection moulding machine we already have; the unit is equipped with its own external control,
- HIT - BOY 35E injection moulding machine equipped with the newest Procan ALPHA 4 control system - very intuitive, useful and loved by all customers. This application makes the use of a picker built-in inside the safety cage for picking up ingots. Finished details are segregated,
- EURO CHILLER cooling system from the GCA series. One of the smaller units used in the plastics processing
- servo-hydraulic injection moulding machine BOLE C460, 140 tons clamping force (sold during the PLASTPOL fair). This is the first Chinese construction of this machine with which linear bearings are used, which significantly reduce the resistance to movement of the mould and contribute to its better protection,
- Cartesian robot, the smallest robot from TMA Automation. The robot uses micropalletisation technology, i.e. the robot picks up a detail and puts it back in a programmed manner. The robot on show offers up to 3 kg load capacity. The PLASTPOL expo was used by the company as the showcase for programming three-axis movements concept in such a way that the robot would be able to repeat certain sequences,
- Japanese SCHIMADZU strength testing machine - Autograph AGX-V. The device is primarily used for strength tests of various materials - tensile, compression and basic tests according to European, American and global standards. The machine offers a modern design.
The plastics festival at Targi Kielce is a must-see for many companies whose business profile is associated with the plastics industry. - We have been a part of Plastpol for 7 years. This is the main trade show we join. We offer our ultrasonic welding devices. This year we have come with our latest development, i.e. two lines for the surgical and protective masks production. I hope that we will be able to attract new customers this year, even though we are in such a difficult situation now - claims Marcin Kiełbasiński - Łukasiewicz Research Institute, Tele and Radio Research Institute.
The BioPlastics zone was a novelty of the 24th International Fair of Plastics and Rubber Processing PLASTPOL which featured biodegradable, compostable and bio-based products. The expo stand zone attracted the participants' attention because of its wide range of products complemented with consulting, research and certification services. Raw materials, components, additives for bioplastics processing, machines and devices dedicated to the bioplastics sector, media, associations and industry organisations also marked their presence in this zone.
The knowledge-packed meetings were a strong accent of the PLASTPOL; the Polish Union of Plastics Converters together with PlasticsEurope Polska organised producers, processors and recyclers meeting in online version.
The PLASTECH – INFO Technical Seminar was also a part of the show, the seminar held on the second day of the trade show, i.e 7 October - this year's event's the motto, and the main focus is "PLASTICS AS ENVIRONMENT AND HUMAN LIFE FRIENDLY MATERIALS". The seminar thematic scope mainly referred to the unfair negative image of plastics. The session objective was to pay attention to the fully responsible and rational use possibilities in the context of existing environmental requirements. Conscious resource management through the appropriate materials, technologies selection and process optimisation, is one of the highlights of the seminar.
One hundred forty-seven companies from 12 countries (Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, the Netherlands, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Ukraine and Italy) participated in the meeting. The 25th PLASTPOL is to be held in 2021.